The Trust has developed a disbursement programme to allocate funding to specific programmes and general grants.
This funding places emphasis on continuing staff education, but also equipment to improve efficiency and health outcomes.
Funding comes from the Trust’s investments and supports the hospital in areas where there is no government funding allocated.
The disbursement programme is as follows:
- Annual Junior Medical Trust Prize
- Annual Nursing Scholarships
- Annual Visitor Medical
- Annual Nursing Research Trust Prize
- Annual Travelling Nursing Scholarship
- Annual Travelling Medical Fellowship
- General Grants
The 2019 nursing scholarships were awarded in December 2018. Two scholarships were awarded to Maura Foley and Bridget Bellhouse.
- Recent grants included staff attendance at Orthoptic and Renal conferences in Rotterdam and the Gold Coast respectively
- A grant has been made to upgrade the clinical library
- A grant has been made to the upgrading of the hospital theatre
Further grants have been made for nurse attendances at the NZUNS conference in Dunedin and the national renal conference in Queenstown.
- Hospital staff can access detailed information on each of the above programme categories by accessing the Palmerston North Hospital Medical Trust information from the MDHB Staff Intranet under "Support Information & Resources" or search for "Palmerston North Hospital Medical Trust". Terms and conditions, criteria, forms, dates, etc are available on that site.
- Applications need to be submitted to the secretary two (2) weeks prior to the next scheduled Trustees’ Meeting; (refer to the Contact Us page.
Patient Welfare - Staff Education